Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a mail from my dealership saying "your g20 is due for its 82,500 mile maintenance.."

so what is exactly that? i regularly get an oil change/checkup at my dealership. i just got back from an oil change/checkup today. right now it's at about 79,000 miles. so what's gonna be different from a regular check up? are they going to do a more thorough checking or what?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Looks like an oil change, plus a quick inspection.

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2000/infiniti/g20/12645/maintenance.html

Part Description Part Cost
Engine oil $ 9.75
Oil filter $ 8.00
Total Estimated Parts Cost $ 17.75

Labor Action Item Labor Cost
Inspect Brake system $ 29.10
Inspect Cabin air filter $ 21.82
Inspect boots & seals Drive axles $ 7.28
Change Engine oil $ 14.55
Inspect Exhaust system $ 3.64
Replace Oil filter $ 7.28
Inspect Steering $ 7.28
Total Estimated Labor Cost $ 90.94

Total Estimated Costs
Total Estimated Parts Cost For Your Area $ 17.75
Total Estimated Labor Cost For Your Area $ 90.94
Total Estimated Cost (excluding tax)* $ 108.69

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
That my dear chap is pester marketing ........

Whats the point of checking filters ? ....... Change em'
Exhaust check ? ...... Is it making excessive noise ? ...... No ...... Its fine then
Brakes .... Umm do they work ? Well thats a good sign ........ No real reason not to have a squint @ the friction surfaces & measure em to the nearest midges penis width & see if thay can sell you some new disks/Rotors & pads & shims etc etc
Voltage & field test all the ancillary motors, umm oooooo yeah ya needs new starter & alternator.
Lets take the rocker cover off & get the micrometer on the cam lobes & even if theys ok, ya'll get slapped for the gaskets they had to disturb.
We could pressure test the cooling system & slap you for a new water pump & coolant perhaps a thermostat.
Give the old engine a serious revving & get the "Green" vote on it ...... New rings & valve work sir ?
Wiper blades...... Thats a good un' ........ Fit three O' them
Oil analysis ......... Heeeeeeeeey Cool ........ Even tho it costs more to analyse the oil than it does to replace it ....... We could do that & Replace the oil too.
Leave the AC alone that will go wrong soon enough the we's gottcha
PS circuit ....... Noo thats lubed for life (Yeah right)
Oh 2 tyres need replacing ....... Shame the ones that need changin' are on diff axles so its 4 new tyres for you.
Change the battries on ya remote plippers & bash you to re sync the system even if it doesn't need it.
Sunroof seals ?...... Gotta be a couple O' hundred there we can add on.

Well all in really you should be aware of what was changed & when ........ Do you have any serious issues with the car ? ...... The odd rattle & clunk is to be kinda expected.

We really need to know when the tranny liquid was changed last & the filters & the plugs does the suspension give you the good old P11 knock ? are the wipers working properly & at a similar speed they did 50K miles ago.....

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
I know I'm being negative with all that but, do ya actually know whats due for changing ?

·
Registered
373 Posts
J..M said:
That my dear chap is pester marketing ........

Whats the point of checking filters ? ....... Change em'
Exhaust check ? ...... Is it making excessive noise ? ...... No ...... Its fine then
Brakes .... Umm do they work ? Well thats a good sign ........ No real reason not to have a squint @ the friction surfaces & measure em to the nearest midges penis width & see if thay can sell you some new disks/Rotors & pads & shims etc etc
Voltage & field test all the ancillary motors, umm oooooo yeah ya needs new starter & alternator.
Lets take the rocker cover off & get the micrometer on the cam lobes & even if theys ok, ya'll get slapped for the gaskets they had to disturb.
We could pressure test the cooling system & slap you for a new water pump & coolant perhaps a thermostat.
Give the old engine a serious revving & get the "Green" vote on it ...... New rings & valve work sir ?
Wiper blades...... Thats a good un' ........ Fit three O' them
Oil analysis ......... Heeeeeeeeey Cool ........ Even tho it costs more to analyse the oil than it does to replace it ....... We could do that & Replace the oil too.
Leave the AC alone that will go wrong soon enough the we's gottcha
PS circuit ....... Noo thats lubed for life (Yeah right)
Oh 2 tyres need replacing ....... Shame the ones that need changin' are on diff axles so its 4 new tyres for you.
Change the battries on ya remote plippers & bash you to re sync the system even if it doesn't need it.
Sunroof seals ?...... Gotta be a couple O' hundred there we can add on.

Well all in really you should be aware of what was changed & when ........ Do you have any serious issues with the car ? ...... The odd rattle & clunk is to be kinda expected.

We really need to know when the tranny liquid was changed last & the filters & the plugs does the suspension give you the good old P11 knock ? are the wipers working properly & at a similar speed they did 50K miles ago.....
LMAO! Never heard it described so well!

·
Pizdeet kak Trotsky
3,069 Posts
nonsenz said:
LMAO! Never heard it described so well!
Some ppl call me cynical.......... Bastards I say ;)

:beard:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts