Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

I own a Midnight Blue primera (not the most common colour)

I'm having a problem getting a sunscreen strip to match the colour so I'm taking my car to a sign makers this lunchtime to see if they can do me one. only trouble is they only have a couple of dark blues.

do you think it will look ok if the dark blue is just a little different I figure a navy blue will look ok? surely its got to be better than a light blue?

I hope it looks ok :S

Kev

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sunscreen strip

You'll have to clarify "sunscreen strip" for us in the "colonies." Where is the sunscreen strip going? Sign makers - is it paint or tint? If it is paint at the top of your windshield (windscreen), then, yes, I believe a darker color blue would actually look better than a matching blue. A matching blue, I believe would give the visual impression of a very low windscreen and a very tall roof. The darker blue would not cause such an unusual picture.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,

I've been to the sign shop. Yes its a windscreen sticker for the top. I have chosen the nearest blue that I can but it is just a little different on colour, slightly less purple. I hope its going to look ok... I get it fitted on friday.

Its a Vinyl sticker btw.

KEv

·
Registered
218 Posts
Why not just get one that's made from window tint? That way you don't have to worry about it perfectly matching your paint.

Also, it might look like a close match to the naked eye, but i'll bet money that it looks completely wrong when seen by a camera with a flash. Just something to think about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts