Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
G20.net Retiree
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else likes the new Z car which is coming out this year?

Hopefully Toyota wont sneak up with a new Supra and crush it. It would be cool if they offered a turbo version like the old 300zx's.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
I like it! The 'track version' is the one I've got my eye on.

Not to sure if you'll see a turbo version. Would be nice but Nissan doesn't want it to over shadow the GT-R when it comes out. That will crush any supra! ;)

·
Registered
424 Posts
G-Forces said:
I like it! The 'track version' is the one I've got my eye on.

Not to sure if you'll see a turbo version. Would be nice but Nissan doesn't want it to over shadow the GT-R when it comes out. That will crush any supra! ;)
I second this, J. Skylines GT-R = king of the road!
Man, why can't they sell them here in N.A.? I would definitely get one. Any guess as to how much it would cost compare to an M3?

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
v_knot said:
I would definitely get one. Any guess as to how much it would cost compare to an M3?
I wish I had that kind of info to tell you man. :( I really do! :cheeky:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone that lives in the US is going to love this web site. You CAN get GTR's in the US right NOW. I repeat Right NOW, they range from $32,000 to like $125,000. Anyone that is interested can check out the web site at http://www.skylinegtr.com They are based in southern California. Just so that you know they are for real. Remember the Yellow Skyline in the Fast and the Furious. That was their car. I have looked into it. And they can get from the 92 R32's all the way up to BRAND NEW R34's So now you guys know where to shop. hehe

Rick

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
I've been drooling all over that site for a while now =) They've been in business for a while now, and have gotten pretty good advertising in SCC (i know i've read about them in that mag a couple times). I can't wait for the new Z car too. My dad has a Z32 twin turbo, which will probalby be mine very soon, which would be very cool. I would actually then have time to work on my G and not have to worry about it being driveable right away, or the other way around heheh.

·
G20.net Founder
2,110 Posts
A G and a Z32 in the stable would be sweet! :cool:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
The z' is quite nice. Much better than the earlier prototypes. As for the GT-R...

...prototype is ugly as hell!

The up and coming Infiniti G35 Coupe (AKA Skyline - not GT-R) is smooth! That will be a hot seller. Prob' about the same time they release a manual G35 sedan, hopefully!!!!!!

·
Registered
859 Posts
New Z , yep like the car.....but am :( cause I heard from my dealers yesterday, thers is a good chance they won't be selling them here in the UK....damn *********s.......but at least I've got my 1/10 rc model of it to keep me happy for the time being.....

thats once I put it together......................

·
Registered
107 Posts
About 2 weeks ago I was driving on the highway and saw a new Z and it had Syline badges on the back. I caught up to him on the and tried to snap a pic with my phone but you couldn't see it. Is that what you are talking about or did he just slap the badges on there? Because my wife gave me the green light to get any car I want since I finally became a class 1 locomotive engineer at work. I been scouring the Nissan website to find it but nothing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
961 Posts
I am guessing someone just slapped some badges on for some JDM-ness. Everyone knows the real skyline looks like a G35.

Class 1 Engineer? That is the 'driver' right? I have heard that if you want job security work for the railroad.

·
Registered
415 Posts
i still like the Z32 (90-1996) generation of the z over this generation (the old z IMHO had a better higher perfomance motor was more symetrical, and looked a lot better hell this car is now 10+ years old and still looks better than most of the cars that are coming out today) including the new Z.

just my opinon i like some of the features on the new Z but after driving a Z32 twinturbo and then getting in this car just not the same

joe

·
drunken master
10,091 Posts
i hope their will be a turbo z car soon i will be the first ti slide one right off the truck brand new

·
Registered
107 Posts
phxg20 said:
Class 1 Engineer? That is the 'driver' right? I have heard that if you want job security work for the railroad.
Yeah that's the "driver". Damn I wanted that z Skyline I saw. But the guy just didn't look like the type to rebadge a 350. He was all business-like. Oh well I guess I'll get a G-35 instead.

·
uruG 02G
7,417 Posts
I know the current Z is suppose to be a race car out-of-the-box but, honestly, I wish they would have thrown in a back seat. They were able to fit it in the G35 coupe, they probably coudl have designed the 350 with at least a little one... I'm sure it's so people with the want, will go with the G35c but, still, kinda sucks because I would rock a 350z, because of the cost diffrence, but without the back seat, I just couldn't do it... so instead I have to wait for x amount of years til I can afford a G35c.. If it had a back seat, I would pick up a used 350 (for the current going rates) right now..

Wish for me

·
Registered
961 Posts
G-ealousy said:
I know the current Z is suppose to be a race car out-of-the-box but, honestly, I wish they would have thrown in a back seat. They were able to fit it in the G35 coupe, they probably coudl have designed the 350 with at least a little one... I'm sure it's so people with the want, will go with the G35c but, still, kinda sucks because I would rock a 350z, because of the cost diffrence, but without the back seat, I just couldn't do it... so instead I have to wait for x amount of years til I can afford a G35c.. If it had a back seat, I would pick up a used 350 (for the current going rates) right now..
The Z isnt supposed to be a primary car, it is a third or fourth family vehicle. A backseat would have ruined it for sure.

Vegas P11 said:
Yeah that's the "driver". Damn I wanted that z Skyline I saw. But the guy just didn't look like the type to rebadge a 350. He was all business-like. Oh well I guess I'll get a G-35 instead.
Congrats on the promotion. I like the 350 and I like the g35c, but with my money I'd get a 6spd sedan everytime. More practical and with a supercharger it would surprise a hell of a lot of people.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts