Infiniti G20 Nissan Primera Forum banner

401 - 420 of 452 Posts

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
To complicate things even more: I am quite happy with my matt-black Vibrant stealth muffler. I had Remus before, P11-144 SW specific, which was very quiet. But after almost 9 years it need some tlc. The vibrant sounds good and fits nicely.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
Thanks for all the imput guys. I ordered the vibrant muffler with an 18" resonator and went with 2.5" i really hope the system is direct bolt up. If not i will be pretty mad since it will just be more money to get the thing to the right length as most of you had a problem with. So i am crossing my fingers. I need to get the rear door i just got painted and what not to match the car. That is going to be some monies as well but it will finally make me happy. Lastly i will hopefully update my thread completely cause i notice i don't even have any pics of the car with the JDM rain guards on it. Jose is the only one who has seen the car since then as well. so i'll have to get those all up when the car is all good and fixed and detailed for winter.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
why do they make it that way? because of the difference in length of the 99 to 00+?

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
pretty sure one is longer then the other. I've seen threads saying that but never compared myself.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
well that sucks. I wonder if it's like that even when you get the resonator in. unless curt got the resonator put in as well and knows for a fact...?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Zooker, I'm late on this discussion..what did you decide on? I just had my exhaust installed 2.25 P11 MANDRELEXHAUST stainless piping kit a few weeks back. Mine had to be cut to fit if nothing else for the 2nd 12inch Vibrant bottle resonator I had installed @ the mid pipe bend following the OE design of the mid pipe for our cars. I have installed after the cat a 22'inch Yonaka stainless resonator purchased on Ebay (It's your friend).

I went to Meineke in North Newark. Hector did a great job.I had flanges welded in @ the OE locations along the mid pipe and rear muffler pipe just in case I change exhaust or just the muffler. I had the SSAC/EbAY header installed last week and swapped in the JWT ECU yssterday.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
decided on all stuff from their site. 18" resonator option. Then the vibrant muffler. and 2.5" so i guess we will see how it comes out. I'm hoping that it comes with just the slide on thing and you bolt a U braket in to hold the system together. then i can get it welded up by my buddy with no problem. We will see i guess. but damn two resonators. You crazy. lol

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb371/zookerjr5/?action=view&current=019-1.mp4

Video is the link above.^ i don't know what else to do with it. system is this. SACC header. 2.5" stock cat. 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust CAT back with an 18" resonator option. Vibrant muffler from mandrel exhaust systems. so yeah there you have it guys. sounds pretty good in my opinion. very happy with it. Could be an inch longer but i don't mind how it looks. Also wish it was perfectly center and it might be for you 00+ guys but i don't know. so there you have it. here are the pics from the install.

haha there is my dad trying to get the exhaust hanger off. he ended up cutting it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
mine used to drag. the stock one. i replaced all my exhaust hangers. i think that was a big case with why it was hanging so low. try to replace yours.! and the bracket at the beginning of the CAT really brought the system up as well. (thank you curt for that) so yeah try to replace your exhaust hangers first i would say.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
haven't showed you guys my JDM rains gaurds yet either. here is a pic of those.... they don't look half bad on my car.

·
'Luke'
5,319 Posts
Very purdy....

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
Looks good. Keep an eye on your bumper that it doesn't start melting. The maui needs a new exhaust. I'm scared to try and undo any of the bolts. They all look rusted really bad. You have any issues?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Rob, I had the same concern bruh...tail pipe sticks out just enough but doesn't touch the bumper. So far so good though, no issues. Zooker be glad your muffler pipe is tucked, I see it as less unwanted attention and more of a sleeper exhaust. You and ya pops did a good job.

Looks good. Keep an eye on your bumper that it doesn't start melting.

401 - 420 of 452 Posts